A number of ice-melting products can be harmful to pets, irritating their paws and potentially causing problems if ingested in large enough quantities, according to veterinarian Millie Armstrong. Wiping pets' paws, or even bathing animals if necessary, to remove the de-icing materials will help prevent problems, but owners should also look for signs of irritation including redness, Dr. Armstrong says.
Ice-melting products pose potential hazard to pets
SmartBrief Job Listings for Health Care
|Senior Director, Biostatistics||
|Associate - Food and Drug||
Keller and Heckman LLP
|Senior Paralegal - Research & Development, and Medical||