Pot-bellied pig's drug ingestion highlights toxicity dangers

02/21/2012 | KVVU-TV (Las Vegas)

After a family's pet pot-bellied pig, Crispy Bacon, ingested excessive amounts of human medication, he was rushed to an animal hospital and successfully treated during a three-day stay. While the species is a bit unusual, overdosing is actually the primary type of drug toxicity seen in pets, according to Curtis Steinhoff of Veterinary Pet Insurance Co.

View Full Article in:

KVVU-TV (Las Vegas)

Published in Brief:

SmartBrief Job Listings for Health Care

Job Title Company Location
Vice-President of Technology and Regulatory Affairs
AdvaMed
Washington DC, DC
Sr Product Manager Global Marketing (US/DA/00/0085/SL) - 14000009V3
Abbott
Chicago, IL
Director of Medicare Products
Bluegrass Family Health
Lexington, KY
Director of Medicare Products
Bluegrass Family Health
Lexington, KY
Vice President, Information Technology
HealthPartners
MN