Colo. veterinarians note uptick in canine marijuana toxicity

04/24/2013 | Denver Post, The

Between 2005 and 2010, cases of marijuana toxicity in pets in Colorado increased fourfold, mirroring the uptick in human medical marijuana users, according to a study by the Colorado State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital and Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital. Colorado veterinarians continue to see more dogs ill after ingesting marijuana, which the state now allows people to possess in small amounts. Marijuana in dogs causes agitation, incoordination and may lead to seizures, coma or death in severe cases. "Put it away, out of reach," veterinarian Natalie Adams said of the drug. "Once [dogs] got into it once, they will be repeat offenders."

View Full Article in:

Denver Post, The

Published in Brief:

SmartBrief Job Listings for Health Care

Job Title Company Location
Health Care Exchange Account Manager
Kaiser Permanente
San Diego, CA
Director, Health Plan Claims Operations
Group Health Cooperative
Seattle, WA
Stop Loss Sales Executive
Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA
Boston, MA
Field Representative-Oklahoma and Kansas
National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA)
Multiple Locations, SL_Multiple Locations
Vice President, Idaho Regional Director
PacificSource
Boise, ID