July 24, 11:30 a.m. -1:00 p.m.
Dirksen Senate Office Building, Room 366, Washington, D.C.
A Capitol Hill briefing, "Answering a Compelling Need: Expediting Life-Saving Treatments to Patients," will be hosted by Friends of Cancer Research to educate members of Congress and other key stakeholders on the importance of all of the FDA's regulatory and approval mechanisms, highlighting the breakthrough therapies designation. Sen. Michael Bennet, D-Colo., will be the keynote speaker. Panelists include:
- Janet Woodcock, director, FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research.
- Ellen Sigal, chair and founder, Friends of Cancer Research.
- Jay Siegel, head of global regulatory affairs, Johnson and Johnson.
- Jeffrey Leiden, CEO, Vertex Pharmaceuticals.
- William Elder Jr., advocate, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
- Kate Rawson, senior editor, The RPM Report, Moderator.
Published in Brief: