Parasite carried in dog feces threatens child's eyesight

08/20/2010 | BBC

A British toddler may have lost some of the sight in one of her eyes after she fell face-first into a pile of dog feces on a playground that prohibits pups. The Manchester, England, 2-year-old tested positive for toxocariasis, a parasite carried in the feces of infected dogs. Toxocariasis can lead to blindness and prove fatal if it's not treated within 72 hours. Local officials and the child's mother are calling for stricter enforcement of laws that require dog owners to clean up after their pets.

View Full Article in:

BBC

Published in Brief:

SmartBrief Job Listings for Health Care

Job Title Company Location
Product Development Manager, Disposable Medical Products
ASAHI INTECC, Orange County CA R&D Center
Santa Ana, CA
Neurovascular Intervention Product Sales Rep, North East
ASAHI INTECC
Multiple Locations, SL_Multiple Locations
Vice President of Regulatory Affairs
Pentec Health
Boothwyn, PA
Sr Coordinator Clinical Research (US/TA/00/0073/SL) - 1400000AQX
Abbott
Santa Clara, CA
Senior Director, Biostatistics
Edwards Lifesciences
Irvine, CA