Massachusetts sees spike in carbon monoxide poisoning after storm

11/2/2011 | Daily Hampshire Gazette (Northampton, Mass.)

Incidents of carbon monoxide poisoning increased in Massachusetts following a snowstorm that struck the Northeast this past weekend. "We are seeing a dramatic increase in carbon monoxide cases because people are using liquid-fueled heaters adapted and used improperly," said Northampton, Mass., Fire Chief Brian Duggan. Officials are reminding homeowners to clean their chimneys and to refrain from burning coals indoors.

View Full Article in:

Daily Hampshire Gazette (Northampton, Mass.)