New product launches, grocery innovations and restaurant remodels made this week’s top news, but the most-read food and beverage story was a revelation about the top-selling snack brands on Amazon’s website, which included Kind, Clif Bar, Gerber Graduates, Frito-Lay and Nature Valley.
Wal-Mart also made this week’s top five with news about how the company plans to test a new convenience store concept, and in other grocery news, Amazon’s potential plans to debut a grocery with automated staffing solutions piqued readers’ interest.
Buffalo Wild Wings’ plan to sell 10% of company-owned restaurants to franchise partners was a hit with readers, as was the news that 86 Florida McDonald’s locations were remodeled to make the restaurants more current and interactive.
Check out the rest of the top 10 most-read stories this week in SmartBrief's food and beverage newsletters:
- Amazon reveals top-selling snack brands
- Nestle picks Va. for new US headquarters
- Incoming Hershey CEO preps for "big year of innovation"
- Wal-Mart launches new c-store test
- Sources: Amazon contemplating heavily automated grocery
- Snickers, Adam Driver apologize for live Super Bowl ad mishap
- Buffalo Wild Wings to sell 10% of owned restaurants
- McDonald's gives more Fla. eateries a new look
- Incoming Coca-Cola CEO aims to continue beverage M&A activity
- Ben & Jerry's channels ice cream sandwiches with Pint Slices debut
If you enjoyed this article, join SmartBrief's email list for more stories about the food and beverage industry. We offer 20 newsletters covering the industry from restaurants to food manufacturing.