The news that PepsiCo plans to introduce a portable, single-serve Quaker Overnight Oats product to simplify breakfast for consumers participating in the overnight oats craze was the most popular story among SmartBrief’s food and beverage readers this week. In other PepsiCo news, readers were drawn to a story about how the brand will be focusing on the latest upcoming trends to identify potential new products and communications campaigns.
Also a hit this week was a story about how In-N-Out was voted consumers’ favorite burger chain, while Chipotle ranked highest among Mexican restaurants and Chick-fil-A won among chicken chains, according to a Market Force Information survey. Restaurant readers also enjoyed the news of McDonald's latest McCafe flavors and how CaliBurger has helped bring a burger-flipping robot to life.
Wal-Mart was another brand that made this week’s top ten, with a story about what shoppers are buying at the chain, while news about The Hershey Co.’s selection of Mary Beth West as its new chief growth officer was widely-read as well. The latest fruit snack introduction from KIND Snacks and a pair of dairy stories rounded out this week's top ten.
Check out the full list of the top 10 most-read stories this week in in SmartBrief's food and beverage newsletters:
- PepsiCo to debut single-serve Quaker Overnight Oats
- Survey: In-N-Out, Chipotle, Chick-fil-A win with consumers
- PepsiCo puts "massive focus" on trend-spotting
- Hershey names Mondelez vet as new chief growth officer
- Report: What are Wal-Mart shoppers buying?
- KIND enters kids' market with 100% fruit snacks
- McDonald's brews up new McCafe flavors
- CaliBurger helps fund creation of burger-flipping robot
- Wis. cheesemakers win top 3 prizes in US contest
- Nielsen: Chobani leads in US yogurt market share
If you enjoyed this article, join SmartBrief's email list for more stories about the food and beverage industry. We offer 20 newsletters covering the industry from restaurants to food manufacturing.