SmartBrief's food and beverage readers were drawn to stories about dairy this week, putting a feature about Halo Top's lean operations at the top of this week's list of the 10 most-clicked industry news stories. Readers also clicked on news covering ultra-filtered milk brand fairlife's strong growth last year. Other CPG news topping this week's top 10 list included General Mills' new snack bars for its Annie's brand, Post Holdings' deal to acquire Bob Evans Farms for $1.5 billion and Cheerios' new Chocolate Peanut Butter variety getting ready to hit shelves in the near future.
This week, readers of SmartBrief's food and beverage newsletters also clicked on news about Olive Garden's passport promotion that includes the chance to take a trip to Italy, with another popular restaurant story covering the success of Buffalo Wild Wings' recent switch to a boneless wing promotion. In food retail, news of ALDI's limited US launch of its award-winning rose wine caught readers' attention, as did news of Wegmans' participation in the Food Marketing Institute's National Family Meals Month campaign.
Check out the full list of this week's 10 most-clicked food and beverage stories:
- Halo Top is so operationally lean it doesn't even have an office
- Sales of fairlife's ultra-filtered milk soared 79% last year
- General Mills to debut Annie's Organic Crispy Snack Bars
- Olive Garden's new passport program includes a trip to Italy
- Post Holdings to acquire Bob Evans Farms in $1.5B deal
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios hitting shelves soon
- ALDI brings award-winning wine to US stores
- Wegmans offers solutions to make family meals easier
- Boneless wing promotion pays off for Buffalo Wild Wings
- PepsiCo vet Sinclair to take Reckitt Benckiser chairman role
If you enjoyed this article, join SmartBrief's email list for more stories about the food and beverage industry. We offer 20 newsletters covering the industry from restaurants to food manufacturing. And be sure to follow us on Twitter for the latest industry news.