4/9/2010

Apple has developed an iAd format for mobile applications that, unlike standard mobile banners, will launch as a pop-up in an app instead of opening up a new page. The computer giant will serve the ads and keep 40% of revenue, with the remaining 60% going to app developers. The format, which uses HTML5 in place of the industry standard Adobe Flash, "combines the emotion of TV ads with the interactivity of Web ads," Apple said.

Related Summaries