Nearly 1 million people in the Northeast were still without power as of Wednesday in the wake of a freak snowstorm that hit this past weekend. Repairing the affected power lines may still take days, officials said, so homeowners who are using portable power generators and heaters must observe extra caution to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning. "Heaters like this need a tremendous amount of ventilation to be able to be used -- and quite frankly, they shouldn't be used indoors," Massachusetts Fire Marshal Stephen Coan said.

Full Story:

Related Summaries