Politics are divisive, so it's best to keep political discussions out of the workplace when possible and to be respectful of different opinions, says Beth Carvin, CEO of Nobscot. "Even if you’re a small company and 75% of the workforce is all of a similar political persuasion, and you guys want to talk and laugh and have fun and make fun of the other side, what of that 25%? Are you being respectful of that 25%?" she says.

Related Summaries