4/25/2013

Between 2005 and 2010, cases of marijuana toxicity in pets in Colorado increased fourfold, mirroring the uptick in human medical marijuana users, according to a study by the Colorado State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital and Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital. Colorado veterinarians continue to see more dogs ill after ingesting marijuana, which the state now allows people to possess in small amounts. Marijuana in dogs causes agitation, incoordination and may lead to seizures, coma or death in severe cases. "Put it away, out of reach," veterinarian Natalie Adams said of the drug. "Once [dogs] got into it once, they will be repeat offenders."

Full Story:
The Denver Post

Related Summaries