5/1/2013

Veterinarians routinely perform surgery to remove foreign objects from pets, and clothing items -- socks are particularly common -- are more dangerous for pets than owners might realize. Foreign body surgical removal can be costly, said veterinarian Karen Halligan, but she says the ingested items can lead to intestinal damage and even death. Veterinarians note that many seemingly harmless items could end up stuck in a pet's gut, including coins, pencils, blades and even a Mickey Mouse hat.

Related Summaries