Officials are looking into the possibility that a small drink machine caused a propane blast last week in Saanich, British Columbia. "A small pop machine plugged into an extension cord from the outside is being considered as a potential ignition source for the gas vapor cloud," said fire Capt. Rich Pala. "We'll be looking at any violations of occupational health and safety regulations and what the roles of the employer might have been in that event," said Ally Skinner-Reynolds, a representative from workplace safety group WorkSafeBC.

Related Summaries