A lawsuit filed five years ago by employees of the Madison, Ala., Chamber of Commerce highlights questions about the impact of toxic mold on human health. The employees say their health was permanently damaged by profuse amounts of Stachybotrys chartarum, a toxic black mold, found in the vents and walls of their office in a Madison-owned historic building. The effects of the mold remain uncertain, with both the Environmental Protection Agency and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offering less-than-definitive statements on its toxicity.

Full Story:
AL.com (Alabama)

Related Summaries