Coca-Cola has risen to the top of the Effie Index in 2019 for the fourth time since 2011, replacing PepsiCo, which has dropped to eighth on the list. The index ranks the most influential and strongest marketing teams in the world each year.
In-flight airline map systems are evolving from passive information providers about flight patterns and ETAs to interactive consoles, writes Scott McCartney. With advancing technologies, marketers in the future will be able to tailor offers to individual passengers for attraction tickets, hotels, restaurants and other goods and services.
Canada recently recommended, in the wake of the massive Equifax data breach, that Equifax Canada provide the government with a third-party audit every other year for the next six years. The US, however, has yet to suggest added security for the American arm of the credit reporting bureau.
As the marketing function grows more complex, the onus is on CMOs to be more selective about their marketing stack and focus more sharply on their customers. "When the next shiny marketing bullet comes along, you have to understand what you don't need," says Lori Wizdo, VP and principal analyst at Forrester Research.
- Alicia Tillman, global CMO at SAP, who will discuss how to drive change through innovation and turning purpose into action
- Victoria Morrissey, global marketing director at Caterpillar, who will help you activate brand purpose on a global scale
- Sarah Travis, industry director of business and industrial markets at Google, who will discuss how technology is changing the ways people work and communicate
- Gary Vaynerchuk, CEO at VaynerMedia, who will share how to make your business marketing stand out
Salesforce's Suzanne DiBianca talks about creating the Pledge 1% corporate philanthropy model, which has been adopted by more than 8,500 businesses across 100 countries and commits 1% of a company's equity, product or employee time to social causes. "I think what we did really, really well, was we listened to the needs of the community and we listened to our employees and their passions and we matched them up," she says.
Business-to-business buying committee decision-makers are making themselves known to marketers through their online behavior, and artificial intelligence and machine learning can pinpoint the key intent data, writes Demandbase Chief Marketing Officer Peter Isaacson. He explains how to target decision-makers as early as possible in the buying journey and recommends which metrics B2B marketers should use.
Seats are filling fast for the 2019 ANA Brand Activation Marketing Conference, May 15-17 in Orlando, Fla. In addition to hearing from A-list speakers, enjoy special discounts for Orlando-area attractions, courtesy of Visit Orlando and Disney World, and the REGGIE Awards gala.
- Lisa Hurwitz, chief marketing and innovation officer at Grassroots Cannabis
- Ryan Reis, VP of Coors family of brands at MillerCoors
- Scott Becher, VP and head of partnerships at Carnival Cruise Line
- Alvaro Luque, president and CEO of Avocados From Mexico
- Jennifer Breithaupt, global consumer CMO at Citi
- Kathryn Pratt, director of brand engagement at L.L. Bean
Marvel Studios is reaping the rewards of a $200 million marketing promotion effort for its "Avengers: Endgame" movie with record-breaking presale ticket purchases, writes Anthony D'Alessandro. Brands like Audi, McDonald's, Coca-Cola, General Mills and Hertz are jumping on board with film-related campaigns and events, along with product tie-ins.
Coca-Cola's "Share a Coke" campaign was an immediate hit when it came to the US in 2014, but the enormity of the campaign became evident once the company expanded the online component. "We realized all of a sudden people were using [the bottles] to celebrate their occasions ... now you had more of a destination for all things Coca-Cola," said Todd Skidmore, senior manager of e-commerce.
- Page 1