Top 10: Where consumers shop, new flavors and trends for 2018
This week’s most popular news spread across all sectors of our vertical – food retail, CPG and foodservice. Foursquare’s list of which grocery stores people in each state like to shop piqued readers’ curiosity as it took the number one spot in our most-read list with Publix, Safeway, Whole Foods Market, Albertsons and Kroger all being named as the food retailer of choice among shoppers in several states.
Other stories that were popular with SmartBrief readers this past week included General Mills’ news of its new logo – the sixth in its history; new Oreo flavors on the radar for 2018 and the release of the National Restaurant Association’s annual chef-driven list of hot food trends for the coming year.
Check out the rest of the most-read stories this week in SmartBrief’s Food & Beverage briefs:
- Where do Americans prefer to grocery shop in each state?
- General Mills debuts new logo
- Oreo names 5 new flavors on tap for 2018
- Chefs forecast the hottest food trends for 2018
- Kroger is developing its own programmatic platform
- Ahold Delhaize creates a new umbrella for US banners
- Chefs say 86 these dishes, ingredients in 2018
- Unilever expects final bids for spreads business this week
- McCormick & Co. outlines the top flavor trends for 2018
- Conagra proposes $500M Neb. campus
If you enjoyed this article, join SmartBrief's email list for more stories about the food and beverage industry. We offer 20 newsletters covering the industry from restaurants to food manufacturing. And be sure to follow us on Twitter for the latest industry news.